“Here they are, with all my love,
my little plates”
Enjoy an eclectic selection of mouth-watering dishes.
RICE SALAD WITH SMOKED OYSTERS,
ANCHOVIES & CAPERS
COLOURFUL, COMPLEX, CRUNCHY
- 1 cup parboiled rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 organic vegetable stock cube
- 2 tins smoked oysters
- 1 tin tuna
- 2 tins anchovy fillet (sliced)
- 1 cup spring onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup pickled gherkins (chopped)
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- 1 cup salted cashews (retain to garnish salad, once plated)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 fresh chilli (finely sliced)
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup lemon juice salt & cracked black pepper
Boil the rice with the stock cube & allow to cool.
Put into fridge.
Add all other ingredients to cold rice & mix well.
Serve on a flat platter so that you have a more sumptuous visual effect.
Sprinkle cashews on top.
This is a lovely substantial summer salad that works well on a buffet or as an individual plated starter served with salad greens.
Can also be served in a parfait glass.