“Here they are, with all my love,
my little plates”
Enjoy an eclectic selection of mouth-watering dishes.
Piquant mixed cheese pie with raisins & a hint of fresh mint to balance.
- 7 eggs (6 for mixture & 1 for brushing)
- ¾ cup of butter at room temperature
- 1 cup grated halloumi
- 1 cup grated cheddar
- 1 cup grated kefalotyri (use parmesan if kefalotyri isn’t available)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (finely shaved)
- ½ tsp mahleb (ground)
- ½ tsp mastic (ground)
- 1 cup milk
- 2½ cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raisins (seedless)
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 tsp sesame seeds (half for mixture & half to sprinkle)
Beat butter & sugar until light & fluffy & add 6 eggs one at a time.
Add dry ingredients alternating with milk.
Remove bowl from cake mixer & add cheese, raisins, sesame seeds & mint by hand.
Place in well-greased baking pan or loaf tin.
Sprinkle remaining sesame seed on top & brush with a beaten egg to glaze.
Cake at 160°C for 1¼ hours or until golden brown.
Delicious hot or cold // Tea party material or light lunch option served with salad.